This two week workshop aims to engage both the theory and practice of craft knowledge by teaching participants the Lanna techniques of weaving alongside expert weavers, at the same time engaging with the scholarly challenge of making embodied craft knowledge explicit. As the students are trained in crafts by practitioners in a weaving workshop near Chiang Mai, they will discuss concepts such as tacit expertise and technological literacy, pedagogy in sensory and material knowledge, innovation and sustainability in traditional technological cultures, with the practitioners, as well as invited scholars and activists in history, anthropology, and sociology from around the world. Set in the rural environment around Chiang Mai, this workshop will bring together three conveners: one historian of science and technology, one weaving/craft expert, and one scholar of development practice in craft, to guide the group of doctoral candidates in reflexive practice – both of weaving and writing.
Weaving Knowledge Call for Applications – Deadline 1 December 2016
- Dans le cadre du Festival des Civilisations – CINEMA A L’INALCO – Emma (Indonésie, 2016, vostf) de Riri Riza, Jeudi 30 mars 2017
- La mémoire des corps: Conséquences sanitaires du régime khmer rouge – Conférences « Temps, Espace, Mémoire » IRASEC, Phnom Penh, 4 avril 2017
- Summer Junior Resident Fellowship Program Siem Reap, Cambodia, deadline 26 March 2017
- CALL FOR PAPERS- God(s) at school. Wisdoms and trajectories of youth in the countries of the South, Revue Education Comparée
- CALL FOR PAPERS- The Politics of Distribution: Migrant Labour, Development and Religious Aid in Asia, Asia Research Institute, deadline 2 June 2017
Angkor Anthropologie appel à contribution architecture Archéologie Art asie Asie du Sud-Est Bali Birmanie bouddhisme Bourse Cambodge CASE Chine cinéma colloque colonisation conférence Doctorants Economie EFEO enseignement Environnement ethnologie ethnomusicologie Film genre géographie Histoire Indonésie journée d'études Laos Littérature musique médecine Patrimoine Philippines religion Singapour ; séminaire thaïlande thèse Vietnam Viêt-Nam