Lee Kong Chian research fellowship National Library of Singapore
The Lee Kong Chian (LKC) Research Fellowship aims to facilitate new research and publishing about Singapore and Southeast Asian culture, economy and heritage. This will enrich the Asia-centric collections and resources of the Lee Kong Chian Reference Library at the National Library of Singapore.
Research area :
– Singapore’s role in early printing – Chinese, Malay, Tamil and English publications including works of the Mission Press, private publishers, government printing offices, etc.
– Voices of Singapore Literary Arts writers
– The Social history of Singapore from the mid-19th – early 20th century, through legal documents in the Koh Seow Chuan Collection.
– Peranakan-Nyonya literary works – literature in Malay by the Straits Chinese of Singapore and Malaysia, including translations of famous Chinese epics
– The Asian Diaspora in Southeast Asia with special reference to Singapore, Malaysia & Indonesia
– Businesses in the early 19th century – post-war Singapore
Date limite d’envoi des candidatures : 30 avril 2016